[LEAPSECS] rewriting history of Torino Colloquium

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Tue Apr 12 08:30:27 EDT 2011

On 11 Apr 2011 at 13:06, Tom Van Baak wrote:

> 1) In my experience URL's change from time to time (note the U in

> URI means Uniform, not Universal).

There's a famous essay by Tim Berners-Lee, creator of the World Wide
Web, entitled "Cool URIs Don't Change":

http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html

(I'm not sure if that's at the same URI it was at when first posted
in 1998.)

Incidentally, the popular use of "URL" when that's long been
deprecated in favor of "URI" by the "web standards geeks" parallels
the similar continued use of the long-deprecated GMT abbreviation,
usually referencing what is now actually UTC.

--
== Dan ==