[LEAPSECS] LEAPSECS Digest, Vol 53, Issue 11

Finkleman, Dave dfinkleman at agi.com
Tue Apr 12 14:16:16 EDT 2011

To answer tvb's question, there are contracts that require UTC
explicitly. There is no qualification as to what UTC is or which
version to use if there are several!!! Relatively recent US statute
mandates UTC as the civil time scale. The only qualification is that
whatever DoD and USNO think UTC should be is what it is. I don't have
any specific contract examples at hand, but I am sure that there are
many.

Dave Finkleman
Senior Scientist
Center for Space Standards and Innovation
Analytical Graphics, Inc.
7150 Campus Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Phone: 719-510-8282 or 719-321-4780
Fax: 719-573-9079

Discover CSSI data downloads, technical webinars, publications, and
outreach events at www.CenterForSpace.com.