[LEAPSECS] Computer Network Time Synchronization, 2nd Ed.

Dennis Ferguson dennis.c.ferguson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 11:44:06 EST 2011

On 7 Dec, 2011, at 07:57 , Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> Consequently, if anybody claims that UT1 as distinct from UTC has

> any relevance for birthcertificates, I want to see the proof, because

> the claim is entirely nonsensical and counter intuitive in every

> way.

Astrologers care, that's the demand that gave us Shanks & Pottenger. I'll
bet the Mills comment is referring to that as well, since I can't think of
any other practical use for knowing birth times in UT1.

I heard the British Nautical Almanac still sells about 40,000 copies per
year. I know who buys a lot of those too.

Dennis Ferguson