[LEAPSECS] "China move could call time on GMT"

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Dec 30 16:08:40 EST 2011

> Earth orientation clocks and even-interval chronometers are simply two different kinds of timekeepers.

Hi Rob,

That can be said for all clocks. Any object with periodic motion can
be made into a clock. Yes, some are bigger than others, some keep
better time than others, but no two are ever exactly the same. What
do you mean by "two different kinds of timekeepers"? Are there many
different "kinds" or just two? I'm not picking on you, I'm just looking
for clarity.

The word "even-interval" has not appeared on the list before. What
do you really mean by that? On a large scale, Earth rotation itself is
an even-interval chronometer, isn't it?

/tvb