[LEAPSECS] "China move could call time on GMT"

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Sat Dec 31 11:27:07 EST 2011

On Dec 31, 2011, at 0:14, leapsecs-request at leapsecond.com wrote:

> Clocks worldwide have always kept time-of-day. Astronomers are the canaries in the coal mine in this situation. That astronomers will incur great expense and require great effort to fix what ain't broke *does not* imply that everybody else is somehow off the hook.

In all the discussions here, I still haven't seen any examples of things that'll break that's not related to tracking things in the sky.

Happy new year everyone. For those of us with things that have to continuously work, let's enjoy it's not a leap second new year. :-)

Ask

--
Ask Bjørn Hansen, http://askask.com/