[LEAPSECS] tinkering with time ?

Mark Calabretta mcalabre at atnf.csiro.au
Tue Feb 1 05:03:06 EST 2011

On Mon 2011/01/31 22:25:29 -0800, "Tom Van Baak" wrote
in a message to: "Leap Second Discussion List" <leapsecs at leapsecond.com>

>> However, it is a very distant horizon.

>The issue here is one man's distant horizon is another man's

>pending disaster and the list has shown there is no convincing

>either side.

The "quadratic blow out" in leap seconds, a contrived problem if ever
there was one, is indeed a very distant horizon in anyone's terms,
and not a plausible argument for changing UTC within the next few
millenia. I thought it had been gently put to sleep years ago on
the original exploder.

Regards,
Mark Calabretta