[LEAPSECS] American Scientist

Finkleman, Dave dfinkleman at agi.com
Tue Feb 1 11:43:50 EST 2011

I have been invited to write an article on this subject for the
quarterly journal of Sigma Xi, American Scientist. Someone read our
AAS paper and thought the subject would be appropriate for the diverse
technical community. The style is that the report be understandable to
those with a solid technical background, neither experts nor laymen.

I welcome suggestions, and I will share authorship with all willing to
work on it.

BTW: The Islamic month begins with heliacal rising of the crescent Moon.
However, contrary to my warped recollection, the Islamic day cycle is
governed by the Sun. However, there is still a difference between the
start of the Moslem day (sunset or Maghrib - which means "west") and the
start of the Hebrew day (verifiable star sightings).

Dave Finkleman
Senior Scientist
Center for Space Standards and Innovation
Analytical Graphics, Inc.
7150 Campus Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Phone: 719-510-8282 or 719-321-4780
Fax: 719-573-9079

Discover CSSI data downloads, technical webinars, publications, and
outreach events at www.CenterForSpace.com.