[LEAPSECS] Meeting with Wayne Whyte

Mark Calabretta mcalabre at atnf.csiro.au
Tue Feb 1 19:10:59 EST 2011

On Tue 2011/02/01 11:49:02 -0000, Tony Finch wrote
in a message to: Leap Second Discussion List <leapsecs at leapsecond.com>

>However the Gregorian calendar can be implemented in a few static lines of

>code, which is orders of magnitude less than is required to handle dynamic

>updates of the leap second table. The two are in no way comparable.

It goes back to the fundamental problem of unpredictability. If
I could give you a list of leap seconds for the next millenium,
then most of your orders of magnitude more code, mostly presumably
dealing with the updates, would melt away.

In any case, as we used to say, this is just an implementation
detail. Someone does it, and everyone else uses it.

Regards,
Mark Calabretta