[LEAPSECS] one second tolerance

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Feb 9 03:48:28 EST 2011

In message <E1Pn3wh-0005dS-VV at grus.atnf.CSIRO.AU>, Mark Calabretta writes:

>>during the autumn

>>change, a hour is repeated. So as far as a clock ticking civil time is

>>concerned, you have 0100 through 0200 twice, once a year. Events

>>stamped 0130.01 and 0130.02 could be an hour and a second apart.

In Denmark the law used to say that you have to suffix the timestamp
with 'A' and 'B' during these two hours.

When we did automatic pumps at the oilcompany I worked at, we decided
that we would just refund any complaint during those two ours and
if that turned into abuse, we would just close the pumps for
maintenance instead.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe