[LEAPSECS] Crunching Bulletin B numbers (POSIX time)

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Sat Feb 19 13:00:30 EST 2011

On Feb 19, 2011, at 9:08 AM, Joe Gwinn wrote:

> This is all true, but solves a problem that the POSIX Committee neither understood nor cared about.

Just as we needn't care about POSIX when advocating a simple but significant improvement to the current leap second scheduling paradigm. There are indeed broader timekeeping issues. An extension of the schedule would provide breathing room to consider how best to address them all in a coherent fashion.

Rob