[LEAPSECS] Crunching Bulletin B numbers (POSIX time)

Ian Batten igb at batten.eu.org
Sat Feb 19 17:49:25 EST 2011

On 19 Feb 2011, at 22:38, Joe Gwinn wrote:

> Not necessarily. A Rubidium clock will take a few thousand years to

> drift by a second. So, we cannot assume that isolated machines have

> drifty clocks.

I think that before conjecturing the requires of isolated machines
which have no source of leap seconds (not even manual application via
a commandline interface "leap_next_31_dec") and yet are attached to
better than 0.02ppm clocks, someone should provide an example of an
isolated machine that is attached to a 0.02ppm clock. And why
everyone else should deal with the complexity to save that one
computer the $100 bill for a GPS receiver.

ian