[LEAPSECS] Crunching Bulletin B numbers (POSIX time)

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Feb 23 13:23:37 EST 2011

On 02/23/2011 05:57, Richard B. Langley wrote:

> For those who might not be aware. Loran-C in North America is dead. It

> might be resurrected as eLoran or some other LF service in the future:

> http://www.ursanav.com/sites/default/themes/danland/images/buzz/pdfs/LF-Solutions-for-APNT-ION2011.pdf

Well, eLoran was implemented in the North American chain a couple of
years before they started to shut it off. Given that the stations have
been decommissioned and the towers blown up in at least some places, I
doubt it will ever resurrect.

But the requirements of that system, and how they interacted with other
requirements when coupled with inflexible military bureaucracy shows
that there's a wide diversity of requirements for some problem domains
that you don't run into with a server in a computing center.

Warner

> -- Richard

>>> Nope. tried that when getting the spec approved. Approximate times