[LEAPSECS] The real problem

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Jan 2 15:27:20 EST 2011

In message <D0DE7C59-986B-475A-852C-FCD33B723325 at ucolick.org>, Steve Allen writ
es:

>On 2011 Jan 2, at 10:33, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>> so far I have not even seen any other proposal forwarded.

>Is there any way to introduce a proposal other than to motivate

>some national government to submit one?

>Is there any national government that can be convinced so to do?

A good first step would be to actually write a proposal down in
coherent text that can be submitted.

If your proposal is good, I'm sure somebody will feed it in there.

Otherwise, as far as I know, sector members of ITU can also raise
proposals, as long as they care to spend a day at a meeting, so
finding som cash-strained telco and paying them to do so that for
you should not be a problem.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe