[LEAPSECS] Java: ThreeTen/JSR-310

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Sat Jan 29 03:34:00 EST 2011

On 2011 Jan 29, at 00:27, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> If this happens, I therefore think that there may end up being two

> versions of "UTC" in common use, which would be a far worse situation

> than today.

But there already are two versions of UTC in use.
The one as defined by TF.460 and implemented by the time service
bureaus, and the one defined by POSIX and implemented in computers.
In my opinion UTC is already too badly forked to be used as a
precision time scale, for the only result can be argument and
confusion.

--
Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99855