[LEAPSECS] Java: ThreeTen/JSR-310

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sat Jan 29 11:55:17 EST 2011

On 29 Jan 2011 at 2:02, Michael Sokolov wrote:

> I choose to live my life on a rubber timescale similar to UTC-SLS,

> and I am prepared to use deadly firepower to defend my right to

> live my life on this timescale. If PHK or Warner Losh or their

> armed minions (aka local sheriffs enforcing laws made to follow ITU

> which is ideologically controlled by the likes of PHK and WL) come

> knocking on my door demanding that I give up my rubber seconds and

> switch to their "leapless UTC" or whatever, I will respond with

> gunfire.

Is there actually anybody on any side of the great time scale debates
who advocates sending government agents to people's homes to ensure
that all their clocks are set to the "correct" standard, possibly
arresting my mom because she sets a clock about 15 minutes fast to
encourage herself not to be late for things because she tends to
dawdle in the morning?

--
== Dan ==