[LEAPSECS] Java: ThreeTen/JSR-310

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Sat Jan 29 12:20:41 EST 2011

Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> Just for the record. I have no minions, armed or otherwise.

Yes you do: they are called sheriffs/cops/etc, and are unfortunately
present in almost every country on Earth with the possible exception of
small countries like the Principality of Sealand which to my knowledge
do not accept immigrants/refugees. And because the nation-state laws
these cops/sheriffs/etc enforce include laws about "legal time" which
are anchored to ITU's UTC which you and/or PHK influence through your
support of the "murder the leap second" proposal, these armed goons of
various nation-states ARE in effect your minions in this respect.

You and/or PHK (I don't remember exactly which, I think PHK, but your
positions are obviously similar) have said repeatedly on this list that
using any time scale other than those tied to UTC through various
"legal time" statutes is illegal in a criminal sense. Therefore, my
refusal to use anything UTC-based and running my life on rubber time
instead (I divide each *mean solar day* into exactly 86400 seconds of
non-precision variable length) makes me a criminal, right? And I thus
interpret your zealous support of ITU UTC timescale enforcement as a
threat to sic your armed enforcers on me, and I am thus preparing to
respond with gunfire in self-defense.

MS