[LEAPSECS] LEAPSECS Digest, Vol 50, Issue 30

Finkleman, Dave dfinkleman at agi.com
Sat Jan 29 12:39:28 EST 2011

Ken, John Seago, and I delivered a paper to the AAS last August that includes many of the thoughts in this thread. In particular, we suggest that the ITU should not own UTC. We also provide concrete alternatives that we are pursuing at least without failure (can't really say "success."). Mike will not have to figfht to his last breath for rubber seconds since normative standards such as those developed by ISO are voluntary.

df