[LEAPSECS] Meeting with Wayne Whyte

Finkleman, Dave dfinkleman at agi.com
Mon Jan 31 11:59:21 EST 2011

I have convinced Wayne that a face to face meeting would clear the air.
I meet with him on Friday. I would appreciate a few examples of
specific commercial or system unique software that would be deprecated
if leap seconds and their more precise companions were deleted.

BTW, the Moslem day begins at observable moon rise, which is different
than sunset. Orthodox observers in several religions (Judiasm, Islam,
and others) are very concerned about precise definitions of these events
and timing of prayer intervals.

Dave Finkleman
Senior Scientist
Center for Space Standards and Innovation
Analytical Graphics, Inc.
7150 Campus Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Phone: 719-510-8282 or 719-321-4780