[LEAPSECS] Evidence of absence

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Thu Jun 2 10:10:28 EDT 2011

> From: "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>

> Date: June 1, 2011 11:12:59 PM MST

> Subject: [LEAPSECS] Leap second mess at NASA

> http://cdf.gsfc.nasa.gov/html/leapseconds_requirements.html

> In particular section 3.3

Verbs are good. What exactly is being asserted about the implications of leap seconds for this grab bag of NASA missions? There are many NASA centers, GSFC is just one (and many other missions are managed by other centers). There are many data formats, CDF is just one:

http://cdf.gsfc.nasa.gov/

Additional discussion of leap seconds under this narrow context is at:

http://cdf.gsfc.nasa.gov/html/leapseconds.html

Perhaps what is being asserted is that the ITU-R has not performed due diligence, since the CDF project at the Goddard Space Flight Center appears completely unaware of the ITU-R's initiative to make their current efforts moot?

From http://cdf.gsfc.nasa.gov/: