[LEAPSECS] I do not like leap secs and DUT1!

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Fri Jun 3 02:16:33 EDT 2011

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> Steve Allen writes:

>> Poul-Henning Kamp hath writ:

>>> I suspect a lot of those "somebody" have "phd." after their names,

>>> 99.99% or more of the worlds programmers do not.

>> They don't need PhD to get a system with no leap seconds, all they

>> need is a devil-may-care attitude about strict compliance with POSIX

>> or conformance to ITU-R recommendations. With that they can buy

>> a Meinberg or Symmetricom NTP server, configure it to produce GPS

>> time instead of UTC, and live with being 15 seconds fast.

> We've been down this way before Rob, and you never remember how

> you are going to get all the customers and politcians to write this into

> their requirements and laws instead of UTC.

For that matter I don't even remember commenting on your irrelevant
assertion about postgraduate education and computer programmers.

Say! Poetry is a way we haven't been down before! Here's how I'd do it!

"Leap Secs and DUT1"

Do you like
leap secs and DUT1?

I do not like them,