[LEAPSECS] "How would it possibly be relevant?"

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Mon Jun 20 13:28:58 EDT 2011

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> Yes, in fact, Amled seems to check out as accurate history of Denmark, as long as you don't waste you time on that british guy who mangled it.

The whole point was that the "British guy" mangled it. Regarding mangling, I recommend:

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/M/bo3642386.html

whose central thesis we've been assiduously demonstrating this many a year.

> PS: A bad analogy is like a wet screwdriver.

Must lose something in translation. Let's see:

"A wet screwdriver is like a mimosa with vodka instead of champaign."

or if your personal screwdriver is in jeopardy, you can mitigate the risk:

http://www.cruisingworld.com/gear/floating-screwdriver-from-phillips

It always comes down to proper engineering.

Rob