[LEAPSECS] Time-of-day

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Mar 7 13:27:51 EST 2011

In message <3969A7D2-7333-46D3-BAAE-EEEA8397BA79 at noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

>And yet the ITU isn't seeking this liberation.

Should it not be clear already, then let me state for the record that
I do not now and have never in the past suspected the ITU of competence.

But that does not prevent me, from supporting one of their proposals,
if it pulls in the right direction.

It doesn't matter a hoot if ITU writes leap-hours into the proposal
or not, because no regulation of theirs will be likely to survive
for that long and even if it does, there is a clear cut process for
changing it before it does any damage.

That is unlikely to qualify as "proper systems engineering" to you.

Too bad.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe