[LEAPSECS] Leap Second Article in American Scientist

Finkleman, Dave dfinkleman at agi.com
Thu Mar 31 12:26:11 EDT 2011

I am glad that the discussion picked up again. I think I missed
precursors to the current thread.

American Scientist has accepted for publication an article by John
Seago, Ken Seidelmann, Steve Allen, Rob Seaman, and me. The editors are
doing their thing so that we can come back at them by the end of April.
I/we would appreciate feedback from those who contribute to this
discussion group. I can't promise that we could pet everyone's pet
rock, but it's better to have your criticism than to have challenges as
letters to the editor.

Recognize that the audience is technically capable but far from expert
in this matter. The magazine circulation is 80,000, and the subjects
are diverse. Although we managed to slip in forthcoming decision
points, the objective is education rather than spin for influence.

I don't know the best way to post the current draft or distribute it,
but I bet someone on the discussion will let me know.

Dave Finkleman
Senior Scientist
Center for Space Standards and Innovation
Analytical Graphics, Inc.
7150 Campus Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Phone: 719-510-8282 or 719-321-4780
Fax: 719-573-9079

Discover CSSI data downloads, technical webinars, publications, and
outreach events at www.CenterForSpace.com.