[LEAPSECS] BBC article

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Sun Nov 6 09:02:51 EST 2011

On Nov 5, 2011, at 3:06 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <A099DDF7-4720-4B2E-8E45-F4F81D58EE8B at noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

>> You mean other than costing $100,000,000 to accommodate.

> I didn't see that number in his slides, what page was it on ?

It wasn't in the slides, rather in discussions.

Of course, the implicit assumption by ITU proponents of a magical zero dollar cost for redefining UTC isn't even in discussions anywhere. We should all welcome a cost accounting before this proposed change to a fundamental standard. What was that number again? You say each leap second costs "Zillions and zillions of euros"?

Rob