[LEAPSECS] leap smear

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Sun Sep 18 16:32:50 EDT 2011

I am deeply skeptical at the notion that any entity has performed a coherent inventory of either leap second or UTC dependencies. The level of responsibility for DoD is orders of magnitude higher than anything discussed on this list over the dozen years of the list's existence.

Also, WP7A meeting minutes are not the height of reliability.

Now you are also asserting that "the administration" fast-tracked it. Is that the Clinton administration that was in office when first this lead balloon was floated, or the Bush/Cheney administration, or the Obama administration? Under what circumstances would this issue rise to the level of shouldering more important (at least, more urgent) issues out of the way in between the wars and the economic meltdown?

"Fast tracking" implies a level of coherence beyond such an obscure issue.