[LEAPSECS] Leap smear

mike cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Fri Sep 30 02:59:45 EDT 2011

> That's an argument for eliminating radio time broadcasts :)

should hve been a wink, rather than a smile. I rely on radio on radio
broadcast time.

> Both GPS and VLBI require knowledge of UTC and UT1 for implementation.

> How does the GPS pick up the UT1 corrections? VLBI, at least when I

> was involved with it many years ago, depends on the IERS circular.

GPS doesn't transmit DUT1 as far as I can see. It just tells you how to
get from GPS time to UTC . Of the radio time broadcasts that are in
use, I see only CHU, WWV, MSF, RBU (DUT1 +dUT1 in 0,02 second
precision), RWM giving DUT1 values.