[LEAPSECS] Leap smear

Richard B. Langley lang at unb.ca
Fri Sep 30 11:24:13 EDT 2011

Full CNAV messages are not being broadcast yet since the current
version of the ground control system doesn't support them. A few
partial test frames have been transmitted by the first Block IIF
satellite.

The current NAV messages provide the quasi-Keplerian orbit parameter
values for computing satellite coordinates in the WGS 84 ECEF frame.
In deriving the orbit parameters, the ground control system operators
take into account Earth orientation, including UT1 and polar motion,
so that the user doesn't have to.

-- Richard Langley

On 30-Sep-11, at 5:59 AM, Keith Winstein wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Sep 2011, mike cook wrote:

>> Le 30/09/2011 09:13, Keith Winstein a écrit :

>>> DUT1 gets 31 bits, including the sign, and is in units of 2^(-24)

>>> second. They also give a rate of change so it can be approximated to

lang at unb.ca |

| Geodetic Research Laboratory Web: http://www.unb.ca/GGE/

| Dept. of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering Phone: +1 506

453-5142 |

| University of New Brunswick Fax: +1 506

453-4943 |

| Fredericton, N.B., Canada E3B