[LEAPSECS] WRC-12 marches along

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Mon Feb 13 01:08:17 EST 2012

It's too soon to tell what the ITU-R has to say about UTC.
The activity of WRC-12 continues through this next week.
The links which can be seen at
http://www.itu.int/ITU-R/index.asp?category=conferences&rlink=wrc-12&lang=en&documents=1
show that the folks at WRC are producing hundreds of documents which
undoubtedly sum to thousands of pages of text, in many languages.

I don't find this at all surprising, for the proceedings from previous
instances of these meetings are generally a stack of bound volumes
which challenge my ability to carry them between the library and my
office. The texts relevant to previous versions of ITU-R TF.460 have
typically been scattered across many volumes from any one meeting.

With a quick scan through the lists of documents I see only one
which shouts to me that it is relevant to this mailing list
http://www.itu.int/md/R12-WRC12-120123-TD-0080/en
with title "Proposed agenda item on UTC"

It will be interesting to see just how much direction the WRC is going
to put into the ongoing process, but we may have to wait until all
these proceedings reach libraries before we know that.

--
Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99855