[LEAPSECS] other ignored leap conventions

Zefram zefram at fysh.org
Fri Feb 24 12:12:16 EST 2012

Steve Allen wrote:

> Today is the second sixth day before the end of

>February, so today is leap day.

And that was obvious when days were routinely described by those
labels, today and tomorrow both being "ante diem [bis] sextum Kalends
Martius". Nowadays it's just as obvious to the masses that --02-29
is the intercalary day, that being the day label that doesn't occur
in a regular year. But Gregorian months suck; I prefer ISO 8601's
ordinal days. So it's obvious to me that --366 is the intercalary day.
Potential shift of most people's birthdays, if months go out of fashion?

-zefram