[LEAPSECS] "why time is difficult"

Zefram zefram at fysh.org
Wed Jan 4 08:14:40 EST 2012

Rob Seaman wrote:

>And the Perl roulette wheel? Did you jigger it to land on non-Terran time? :-)

No, that was genuinely random, uniform probability. At the first
iteration of the talk, I got several questions from someone in the front
row who recalled all the entertaining rants I'd previously delivered
on IRC, which made for a lively question period. The subjects on the
roulette wheel included these semi-prepared rants, along with several
of the things that I had to gloss over in the talk or had had to drop
to fit the time slot.

-zefram