[LEAPSECS] Straw men

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Tue Jan 10 01:31:57 EST 2012

As you point out, this is an approximation not a definition of a fundamental concept. The synodic day is good from now until the Earth melts. It is the difference between the rotational period of a planet and its day. See, for instance: http://cseligman.com/text/sky/rotationvsday.htm

I also appreciated Markus's suggestion.

Rob