[LEAPSECS] Straw men

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Jan 10 10:28:52 EST 2012

Rob Seaman <seaman at noao.edu> wrote:

> Warner Losh wrote:

> > It is only one possible definition, not the only one. That makes it a

> > belief, not a mathematical identity.

> Alternate definition?

It used to be local apparent solar time. Then local mean solar time. Then
standard mean solar time. Then standard time with daylight saving. The
definition of civil time is evidently not fixed.

I gather Saudi Arabia used apparent solar time for official purposes in
the late 1980s.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch <dot at dotat.at> http://dotat.at/
Fisher, German Bight: West or southwest, veering northwest for a time, 4 or 5,