[LEAPSECS] ISO TC 37

Ian Batten igb at batten.eu.org
Mon Jan 16 15:23:48 EST 2012

On 16 Jan 2012, at 1939, Steve Allen wrote:

> As indicated earlier, ISO Technical Committee 37 produced a statement

> about changing the terminology of UTC. Copies are posted at

> http://www.ucolick.org/~sla/leapsecs/ISOTC37toITURA.pdf

> and also on the futureofutc.org website.

I'm normally quick to dismiss complaints about split infinitives as people attempting to make an argument about style into an argument about correct usage. But whether your objection is stylistic or prescriptive, "These conditions will make the future interpretation of the now polysemous term impossible to unambiguously determine in many circumstances." is pretty horrid.

ian