[LEAPSECS] The ends we seek

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Jan 18 09:28:13 EST 2012

> They aren't "moving" anything. They are removing access to the Earth orientation timescale.

> Having failed to reach consensus, they should similarly fail to vote.

> Rob Seaman

> NOAO

Rob,

Get real. Do you really think access to the Earth orientation
timescale will be removed? Is this a hidden part of SOAP?

You will always have access to UT1. You will always have
DUT1. Please use it. If the ITU resolution fails the magnitude
will be tenths of seconds. If the resolution passes it will be
tens of seconds. Either way, I don't see anything on the ITU
table that prevents IERS from publishing that data or from
you accessing that data.

/tvb