[LEAPSECS] Lets get REAL about time.

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Jan 21 19:25:36 EST 2012

In message <Pine.LNX.4.64.1201220000020.32697 at digraph.polyomino.org.uk>, "Josep
h S. Myers" writes:

>On Sat, 21 Jan 2012, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>For compatibility with existing binaries [...]

Lets leave that for later.

Right now I want us to come up with a API design which handles
time correctly.

Once we have that in place, we can look at what it takes to get
it pushed into the real world.

So forget time_t and all that stuff for now, and lets make sure
realtime_t and its standard API does the right thing.

PS: And no: you don't need the kernel to offer the compat API's, you
can do that in your shared libc.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe