[LEAPSECS] Multi-timezone meetings

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Jan 25 11:34:16 EST 2012

Rob Seaman <seaman at noao.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for demonstrating my point in much greater detail, and it's

> telling that you imply that discussing situations is somehow a secondary

> activity.

> Rather, before speculating on solutions the problem has to be

> characterized. Often the process is iterative. But typical human

> behavior (likely dating back to the veldt) is to jump to the last step

> and be done with the whole thing.

It might seem like that to you since you didn't see me doing the analysis.
Repeating an analysis that has already been done is definitely secondary.

> > Displaying the time correctly for multiple locations has been solved

> > for decades.

> Problems don't stay solved. Ubiquitous videoconferencing has changed

> the nature of meetings. Each solution has a context.

You'll have to explain why you think videoconferencing breaks the Olson
timezone database to me, because I don't get it.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch <dot at dotat.at> http://dotat.at/
Faeroes, South-east Iceland: Mainly southwesterly 5 to 7, becoming cyclonic 7