[LEAPSECS] Lets get REAL about time.

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Wed Jan 25 11:39:05 EST 2012

Tony Finch wrote:

> There's also the railway clock genre, where each clock's second hand ticks or sweeps slightly fast, and the clock waits at the top of the minute for a synchronization pulse. Handles leap seconds easily, if the master clock does :-)

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvIvKiDWDks

Interesting how many variations we're finding.

What you describe is similar to cadenced exposure modes:

http://adass.org/adass/proceedings/adass96/reprints/seamanr2.pdf

An alarm is set for a particular clock tick (here in a heliocentric timescale) and this acts as a governor on an otherwise undisciplined sequence of exposures, perhaps extending over multiple sessions.

Rob