[LEAPSECS] email headers

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Sat Jun 30 21:19:32 EDT 2012

Another place to look is the IMAP sort extension. Section 2.2 of http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5256 says to treat invalid times as 00:00 which might be triggered by a leap second. Also since mailbox order is the tiebreaker (the sort must be stable) you can find out if your IMAP server treats xx:59:60 the same as xx:59:59 or xy:00:00.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch <dot at dotat.at> http://dotat.at/