[LEAPSECS] LEAPSECS Digest, Vol 72, Issue 1

Finkleman, Dave dfinkleman at agi.com
Mon Nov 5 12:41:51 EST 2012

Normalizing and fitting arbitrary curves to unqualified "data" is
meaningless. I wonder how this is related to the temporal diversity
of the heights of the pyramids of Kufu, Menkare, and Josher? This was
also related to climate (Nile flooding or not) and economy (resources
available after squandering on monuments and wars). It would be more
credible if they started from a meaningful hypothesis and then
determined how well the observations fit. I am curve fitting to
prices on the lunch menu in order to determine whether global warming
will influence my choice.

DF