[LEAPSECS] one week until WP7A in Manta

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Mon Sep 17 13:13:14 EDT 2012

The WP7A meeting in Manta Ecuador begins in one week.
We can now see contributions from ISO, France/Norway, USA, Japan,
Russia, Canada, and UK on the pages at
http://www.itu.int/ITU-R/index.asp?category=study-groups&rlink=rwp7a&lang=en
This amount of participation is unprecedented.

This week, before WP7A meets, the technical folks of SG7 will hold the
special seminar for the sake of the non-technical
http://www.itu.int/ITU-R/index.asp?category=conferences&rlink=itu-sem-americas&lang=en
and their presentations are openly available at
http://www.itu.int/md/R12-ITUR.MANTA-C/en
Among other things in there we again see that the BIPM is prepared to
abandon TAI.

--
Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99855