[LEAPSECS] LEAPSECS Digest, Vol 82, Issue 6

Peter Vince pvince at theiet.org
Sat Aug 10 12:20:40 EDT 2013

I believe that is false logic: that a piece of equipment *CAN* deal
with a leap-second doesn't necessarily mean it *HAS* to have them.
That would be the same logic as: "All birds have wings, therefore
anything with wings is a bird."

F'rinstance: Google's time-slew system makes special provision when
told about the forthcoming leap-second, but will carry on perfectly
well if there aren't any.

Peter