[LEAPSECS] Possible outcomes ?

Richard B. Langley lang at unb.ca
Wed Aug 14 07:54:48 EDT 2013

An aside:

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013,225, at 8:59 PM, Rob Seaman wrote:

> And for another thing, leap seconds can't just "go". The long-term quadratic trend that was described in the 1999 McCarthy and Klepczynski article (http://gauss.gge.unb.ca/papers.pdf/gpsworld.november99.pdf) guarantees that we'll have to deal with the embargoed leap seconds at some point.

Gee, I wish I still looked like my picture at the end of the article! Time flies when you're having fun -- as I do most days in my job as an academic (researcher, teacher, writer, and so on). ;-)

| Richard B. Langley E-mail: lang at unb.ca |

| Geodetic Research Laboratory Web: http://www.unb.ca/GGE/ |

| Dept. of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering Phone: +1 506 453-5142 |

| University of New Brunswick Fax: +1 506 453-4943 |

| Fredericton, N.B., Canada E3B 5A3 |

| Fredericton? Where's that? See: http://www.fredericton.ca/ |