[LEAPSECS] UTC going forward, one or two definitions? and what about NTP?

Michael Spacefalcon msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Wed Aug 14 14:33:43 EDT 2013

mc235960 <mc235960 at gmail.com> wrote:

> True I guess, but relying on one person to do the job is a bit much.

For a job that takes all of 5 min two times a year, one person seems
like a perfectly reasonable manpower allocation.

> My own favorite, is to decouple civil time from the SI second and have it =

> follow UT1 at much greater precision. Say millisecond. =

Yes, that is exactly what I stand for as well!

> This would mean implementation of rubbery civil seconds.

Yes, this is exactly what I'm implementing for the legal time of my
personal micronation, and for the internal system time base of my
non-POSIX UNIX servers which expect GMT rather than UTC.

SF