[LEAPSECS] LEAPSECS Digest, Vol 82, Issue 18

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Aug 18 15:41:03 EDT 2013

In message <E4D76E109659A948922B0DEFFB6193E65099FF33 at SN2PRD0710MB371.namprd07.p
rod.outlook.com>, "Finkleman, Dave" writes:

>IMO, we lose focus when we worry about what will happen in 100 or 1000 years.

No we don't.

For the last 200 years astronomers have messed around with our timescale
approximately every 30 years, because of their inadequate instruments
and mistaken assumptions.

If we're going to change it, we should pick a solution that will last.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe