[LEAPSECS] happy anniversary pips

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Feb 7 07:12:22 EST 2014

In message <20140206151947.GA25053 at ucolick.org>, Steve Allen writes:

>Taken at face value Google's Site Reliability Team would seem to be

>arguing for the return to the bad old days of the rubber second.

Yeah, they're totally opposed to having equal-length seconds, and they
really showing the world with this demonstration, aren't they ?

I have heard a fair bit in private communications about why and how
google did implement the leap-smear, and let me assure you that
they have a special place in Googles hell reserved for those who
prevented leapseconds from having a quick and swift death back when
that was first proposed.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe