[LEAPSECS] metafilter followup of the leap rant

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Jan 2 03:48:40 EST 2014

In message <20140102061330.GA20615 at ucolick.org>, Steve Allen writes:

> to buggery with all the scientific systems that made the

> obviously unreasonable assumption that any given second is

> exactly as long as any other

Yeah, I'm sure they're willing to go without GNSS, mobile phones,
Internet and all this new-fangled stuff.

In fact, I'm quite sure they would be perfectly happy with only
old-fangled stuff, and they're cursing everytime they see a fangler[1].

Ignorance is never good policy.

Poul-Henning

[1] If something can be "new-fangled" then obviously somebody "fangled"
it, and that person must by necessity be a "fangler".

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe