[LEAPSECS] Future of Time meeting

Peter Vince petervince1952 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 08:53:42 EST 2014

Hi Rob,

I'm sure most of the list members are interested in what is said at
this meeting, but most of us won't be able to attend for one reason or
another. It would be very nice, if at all possible, if the speeches (the
text, not just the PowerPoint bullet-points) could be transcribed and made
available after the event. It would also be a useful collection for us to
pass on to other interested individuals in (and beyond) our organisations
to help widen the awareness of the subject.

Thank you,

Peter Vince (London, England)

On 3 January 2014 01:32, Rob Seaman <seaman at noao.edu> wrote:

> Hola,

> It is not without trepidation that I forward this announcement of a

half-day UTC splinter meeting to be held in conjunction with next week's
American Astronomical Society meeting near Washington, DC. The goal is not
to debate the policy issues, but rather to raise awareness of the issue,
its historical context and operational implications. Members of the
leapsecs list are welcome to attend, whether astronomers or not.