[LEAPSECS] presentations from AAS Future of Time sessions

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Jan 13 04:12:58 EST 2014

In message <52D38720.4000003 at rubidium.dyndns.org>, Magnus Danielson writes:

>What CCITT recommendation are you refering to?

>It was CCIR that did the broadcasting recommendations that we keep

>refering to.

And that's what I'm talking about.

The reason UTC got put on radio was that it was "one-to-many" service
and copper and coax were waaaay to expensive for that.

The reason why UTC got standardized in CCITT in the first place,
was for coordination between telcos.

There are previous stuff from CCITT and their precursors that lays
down details and protocols for handling traffic and time on
international telegraph, telephone and radiotelephone connections.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe