[LEAPSECS] presentations from AAS Future of Time sessions

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Jan 13 11:12:37 EST 2014

In message <8D282B74-4172-4888-8581-9F197314AFB8 at bsdimp.com>, Warner Losh write
s:

>The other PTTI docs I posted show that the Navy (USNO) was ordered to =

>provide technical assistance to the USCG in synchronizing the master =

>clocks at the LORAN stations in 1960.

The LORSTA veterans website (http://www.loran-history.info) has lots
of Loran info.

One particular doc says that:

The first Loran-C navigation system was installed on the
U.S. East Coast in 1957 by the Sperry Gyroscope Company,
under the supervision of the U.S. Coast Guard, to provide
special purpose navigation service for the U.S. Navy.

And this timeline may also provide clues, if somebody sift it:

http://www.loran-history.info/LORAN_Implementation_Planning_Installation_and_Termination/1950-1959/1950_1959.htm

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe