[LEAPSECS] presentations from AAS Future of Time sessions

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Jan 14 11:28:16 EST 2014

In message <0CCAFA25-523E-4022-A993-4BC2D9FE56A3 at noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

> A timescale that omits that connection should not be denoted

> Universal Time of any kind, coordinated or not.

I would argue that any timescale called "universal something" should
not be tied to any particular lump of orbital debris.

In particular not in deference to lack of imagination on the part
of scientist two centuries ago.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe